Okay, last time I asked you guys to make some noise and not only did you get us to trend, you also got our viewers to go up! You even just got me to use an exclamation mark, which is not only a rare outpouring emotion for me, it also forced me to take a nap. And even more surprisingly, many of you even wrote me back, which gave me the illusion I had a social life.
So I just wanted to thank you so much and ask you to please keep up the good work for our fourth episode – which airs Monday, May 17th.
We won’t be airing Monday the 10th ’cause “The Man” long ago scheduled a 2 hour Dancing With The Stars. That’s right. And you know WHY “The Man” scheduled a 2 hour Dancing With The Stars on Monday? Cause I’m Jewish. And a comedy writer. Trust me, there’s no greater oppressed minority than that in Hollywood. A few Aryan nation dudes might disagree with that notion, but that’s okay, as of last week, they are no longer our target demographic.
So Monday the 17th will be our final episode. But hopefully, not forever. ABC will be deciding whether to include us in next year’s lineup in about a week or so. That’s when all the networks go to New York and announce their new and returning shows. Now what can we all do to increase our odds of being one of those returning shows? I’ve jotted down a few ideas below and you can all weigh in on which ones you think are the best.
– Write to ABC telling them how much you love Romantically Challenged.
– Write to ABC, and say when the show DOES return, you feel the diminutive creator of Romantically Challenged should have a lengthy make-out scene in every episode with Alyssa Milano. And Kelly Stables. And oh, what the hell, Josh Lawson.
– Write enthusuastic messages of support on the abc.com message board about Romantically Challenged and how much you want it to come back. I don’t think they follow twitter, but hopefully, at least a few ABC execs are familiar with their own website. I’ve heard many of them can even read.
– Tweet to Alyssa Milano and tell her even though she’s found deep, profound, meaningful love with her husband David Bugliari, you feel deep, profound, and meaningful love is seriously overrated and you want her to leave David for me. True, on the surface, this one might seem a little cruel and self serving, but I honestly feel if I’m not married to Alyssa Milano, the terrorists have won.
– Send a box of chocolates to ABC in Los Angeles, saying that you bought a romantic gift for them so they will bring back their funny show with “Romantically” in the title. I will make the chocolates by hand and give them all to you behind a Denny’s somewhere in the Midwest.
– Tell ABC that it’s my birthday May 14th (that’s actually true) and explain to them that even though you don’t know me and have never met me, you don’t want me to be sad on my birthday. There are a lot of bad things in this world like hunger… and um…overpopulation, and uh, I think the ozone layer, but that’s one you just can’t live with.
– We all meet in a recording studio in Hollywood and record our own “We Are The World” type song. We can even use the exact same melody (since it’s already written and I understand writing music is extremely hard) and just change the lyrics to something like “We are the world, we are the children, please renew Romantically Challenged and put it on during the all comedy lineup on Wednesday.” Those lyrics may be a tad rough, but we still have a little time to tweak them.
Okay, all this has forced me to take another nap. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and I just wanted to thank you all again for everything you’ve done for our show. You have no idea how much it means to us. It’s even gotten Alyssa to take almost half of my calls without screening.
Still desiring all of you emotionally and physically,
P.S. To contact ABC to show your support for a season two of Romantically Challenged you can go to: http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us
Fill in your info.
In the “select a show or category” drop down menu chose: “Romantically Challenged”.
In the “subject” drop down menu chose: “comment”.
Write a brief message about how you’d like to see a season 2 for “Romantically Challenged”.